Administrator of Student Programs
The Administrator of Student Programs will collaborate in the coordination, promotion, development, and administration of the Belin-Blank Center’s (BBC’s) ’s K-12 competition and summer residential programs.
- Full-time 12 month in-person. May require evening and weekend hours during summer programming.
- Location: on-site in the B-BC, Blank Honors Center, Iowa City, IA.
Specific Job Duties and Tasks
- Collaborate with the BBC’s leadership and student programming teams.
- Coordinate a broad range of programs and services focused on specific student populations. Specific programs to administer include but are not limited to the Midwest region of the American Regional Mathematics League (ARML), the Iowa and Midwest Region-at-large affiliate of the Scholastic Art & Writing Awards program, and the Iowa Region of the Junior Science and Humanities Symposium (JSHS).
- Coordinate summer programs evening and weekend activities
- Establish and maintain relationships with the affiliate programs of ARML, Scholastic Art & Writing, and National JSHS.
- Conduct outreach activities to promote competition programs and their talent development goals at state conferences and school districts.
- Conduct professional development activities to support educators and learners’ engagement in competition programs.
- Develop and manage budgets within specified guidelines.
- May provide functional supervision to student employees.
For a complete job description, please contact Alex Schutman at Alex-Schutman@uiowa.edu.
About the Belin-Blank Center for Gifted Education and Talent Development
The Belin-Blank Center was founded in 1988 and quickly developed into an internationally-respected powerhouse providing innovative programming for gifted and talented students in addition to our groundbreaking work with teachers. As we grew, the Center added counseling services and programming for twice-exceptional children—those who are both gifted and have a diagnosed disorder that impacts their learning or social-emotional development. Located in the Blank Honors Center, the Belin-Blank Center is an integral part of the University of Iowa’s College of Education.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or education field, or an equivalent combination or relevant work experience and education and a minimum of two years relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to working with a diverse group of people and ability to model open, respectful, accepting, and supportive behaviors with team members.
- Understanding of effective communication; ability to effectively apply appropriate verbal and written communication behaviors.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and meet and maintain the University of Iowa driving standards.
- Master’s degree in Education or education field.
- 3 years’ experience working with student programming.
- Experience in developing collaborative partnerships.
- Experience teaching K-12 students.
- Experience in presentation and public speaking.
- Experience with technology-infused classrooms.
- Experience with collaboration software applications such as Slack, Trello, Zoom, HelpScout, etc.
- Experience coordinating events.
- Knowledge of university policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Background in gifted education and/or talent development programming.
In order to be considered for an interview, applicants must upload:
- Cover Letter
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days. This job may be removed from posting and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended. Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background and credential check. 5 professional references will be requested at a later step in the recruitment process.
For questions, contact Alex Schutman at Alex-Schutman@uiowa.edu
- Regular salaried position. Located in Iowa City, Iowa.
- Fringe benefit package including paid vacation; sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans.
- For more information about Why Iowa? Click here.
To apply for this job please visit uiowa.referrals.selectminds.com.