Graduate Hotels® is seeking a Banquet Bartender to join Graduate Iowa City and its brilliant team of hospitality enthusiasts.
Graduate Hotels creates authentic, spirited spaces that connect travelers, students and locals alike. Through thoughtfully curated design, creative F&B and community-focused events, we create hotels worthy of their communities.
We are a diverse team of experience makers and storytellers. As a Graduate Hotels team member, you are the local insider shaping guest experiences. Our goal is to make every guest feel like a local even if it’s their first time in town. In order to help you deliver on that goal, we encourage our team members to embody the same mindset as our guests through Graduate experiences and encouraged community exploration.
Graduate Hotels is proud to be Great Place to Work-Certified™, proving that our associates feel our commitment to cultivate a culture of inspirational and supportive leadership.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reads and understands all particulars of BEOs
- Collect all necessary equipment, beverages, etc. to set up designated area
- Polish all glassware and prepare needed bar condiments
- Ensures guests are of legal age to consume alcohol
- Prepares drink orders according to bar standards and guest preferences
- Ensures guests are engaged and satisfied
- Monitors guests for overconsumption of alcohol and takes steps as necessary
- After function, remove inventory and all beverage equipment to proper storage
- Retrieve and store bar glassware to proper storage
- Communicate any challenges or guest complaints
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma/GED
- Safe Serving certification required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of alcohol serving practices and standards
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally
- Team player
- Ability to exceed expectations of guests
About Graduate Hotels®
Graduate Hotels is a hand-crafted collection of hotels that reside in dynamic university-anchored towns across the country. Each hotel pays homage to the heritage of its unique town through cultural nods to the local community. Launched in 2014, there are 35 hotels across the U.S. and U.K. Graduate Hotels is owned by Adventurous Journeys (AJ) Capital Partners, a vertically integrated real estate developer, owner and operator. For more information on Graduate Hotels, please visit www.graduatehotels.com.
*Graduate Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.adp.com.