Box Office Staff
Position: Box Office Staff
Date Posted: 07/23/2021
Pay Range: Part-Time @ $13/hour
Commitment: Average 10 hours/week for 48 weeks annually
Expected Annual Pay: $6,240
The Englert Theatre is a performing arts organization based in Iowa City, Iowa. Housed in a historic theater (est. 1912) in the heart of downtown, the Englert serves as a key community activator. Our values and programmatic practices center a wide range of voices and perspectives, honor historic preservation, and demand ongoing self-analysis and evolution toward a more inclusive community.
To inspire and activate positive community growth through the arts
You will assist the Box Office Lead and Front of House staff in maintaining all box office activities in a professional and welcoming manner
Works closely with the Box Office Lead, Patron Services Manager, and House Managers
Core Job Duties
- Clearly and diplomatically communicates with all departments (daily and event based)
- Make recommendations to management on better processes as identified during daily routine
- Work daily Box Office shifts
- Prepare to open by completing Box Office checklist
- Sell tickets and answer questions in person and over the phone
- Keep box office clean and organized (dust, polish, vacuum, re-arrange, get change)
- Print Will Call tickets for large shows early
- Be the hub of Englert & general Iowa City information & know where to look for answers to questions
- Print and mail fulfillment
- Print report and put Daily Box Office Deposit and cash in the safe
- Close box office and make sure all lights are off and the building is secure
- Print off and organize Will Call
- Verify ticket buyer address or check ID for Will Call
- Sell tickets to walk-up customers
- Sell tickets to other shows if people are interested
- Computer Literacy
- Outstanding experience and skills with customer service
- Experience with money handling
- Must be 18 or over
- Knowledge of theater ticketing software
- Certification in First Aid and CPR
The Performing Arts Industry
Our schedule follows the touring industry. You can expect the bulk of your hours to come during touring seasons; October – December, and February – May. This position is subject to non-traditional work hours. Some hours are scheduled “as needed” based on the show/event schedule. Shifts can be up to 12 hours in length.
A Note Regarding Experience
If this posting looks like your dream job and you don’t have experience in this exact line of work, but you do have an outstanding record of performance with the skills listed in adjacent or applicable fields, we welcome your submission.
Application Materials Required
Ready to apply? Gather the necessary resources and click the link below to apply.
- Current Resumé with 3 References
To apply for this job please visit englert.org.