Professionally sells the products and services of the hotel, banquet, and restaurant. Responsible for coordination of conventions, meetings, and banquet business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Makes solicitation and service calls in person, through mail/email, and by telephone on assigned accounts to promote and sell hotel and restaurant facility space and services.
- Makes outside solicitation calls to potential new accounts.
- Responds to inquiries from customers, prospects, other hotels and the corporate office.
- Prepare proposals and confirmations for group bookings, conducts tours of the property with prospective customers.
- Assists customers with menu selection and meeting room set up, provides for receipt and storage of customer material, and makes referrals for outside products and services.
- Follows company credit and deposit policies when booking business.
- Informs other departments of upcoming events to ensure proper planning throughout the property, distributes BEOs, schedules pre-function meetings with customers and hotel staff, and tracks and follows up as required.
- Prepares banquet checks and obtains customer’s signature and other information needed for billing process at conclusion of event.
- Maintains and uses the accounts tracing system/database and customer account files to generate future business.
- Prepares sales and post-event reports and records sales calls and activities.
- Monitors guest satisfaction through follow-up surveys, thank you cards and calls.
- Participates in industry and civic organizations to promote business opportunities.
- Tracks activities of the competition and the market and the hotel’s position in the market.
- Participates in sales department meetings.
- Plans and participates in sales blitzes.
- Participates in the development and implementation of marketing plans and action plans, gives input to the development of special promotions or packages, and develops ideas to build occupancy.
- Meets and/or exceeds individual quantitative revenue and production goals set forth by the General Manager and Director of Sales.
KHC POLICIES: Responsible for following all KHC policies and procedures as set forth in the KHC handbook and property specific guidelines/standards. These policies include dress code, safety and performance standards. Employees must also maintain a professional image and report to work as scheduled.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Participation in the Manager on Duty (MOD) program. Actively directs tasks of all banquet and catering staff members.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general accounting reports, policies & procedures, and instructions. Ability to read and implement safety policies & procedures. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to complaints or inquiries from groups of managers, customers, employees and general public. Ability to communicate clearly in person, by telephone and in writing.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions in mathematical, formula or procedural form and deal with several abstract variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Must have valid driver’s license and proof of insurability.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. All employees must follow proper safety precautions at all times to avoid injuries.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to handle, grasp or type; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, bend or twist; smell; and to push, pull or lift over 10 pounds. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. All employees must follow proper safety precautions at all times to avoid injuries.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and various types of driving conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ACCOMODATION: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
CRISIS MANAGEMENT: Must be able to handle a crisis in a calm, effective manner. This includes upset guests, fire, tornado, armed robbery and assault, bomb threats and accidents
To apply for this job please visit www.kinsethjobs.com.