Website Kinseth Hospitality
Supervises and coordinates activities of food preparation, kitchen, pantry, and storeroom personnel by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Hires, schedules, orients, trains and develops workers including but not limited to: specific job duties, food production, sanitation, safety, guest satisfaction and KHC/franchise policies/procedures.
- Cooks and carves meats, and prepares dishes, such as sauces, during rush periods and for banquets and other social functions.
- Plans or participates in planning menus, preparing and portioning foods and utilizing food surpluses and leftovers to prevent spoilage and waste.
- Specifies number of servings to be made from any vegetable, meat, beverage and dessert to control portion costs.
- Supervises kitchen personnel to ensure cleanliness of kitchen and equipment is within required sanitation guidelines.
- Cooks and tastes, smells, and observes food to ensure conformance with recipes, appearance standards and guest satisfaction.
- Supervises workers engaged in inventory, storage, and distribution of foodstuffs and supplies.
- Inventories and purchases foodstuffs, kitchen supplies, and equipment per KHC purchasing guidelines.
- Assists in developing and maintains budget for kitchen area.
- Assists in setting prices to be charged for food items.
- Meets with sales staff, customers, or client groups to resolve menu inconsistencies or to plan menus for special occasions.
KHC POLICIES: Responsible for following all KHC policies and procedures as set forth in the KHC handbook and property specific guidelines/standards. These policies include dress code, safety and performance standards. Employees must also maintain a professional image and report to work as scheduled.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Directly supervises 1-25 employees in the Kitchen Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree (BA) from four-year college or university; or one to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze and interpret common financial reports. Ability to read and implement safety policies and procedures. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conforms to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to customers, top management, public groups and/or boards of directors. Must be able to communicate clearly in person, via telephone and in writing.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to understand, interpret, develop and manipulate accounting concepts such as budgeting, cost analysis, financial planning, percentages, turnover, general ledger, accounts payable, payroll, accounts receivable and purchasing.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, develop solutions and plan ahead. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions in mathematical, formula or procedural form and deal with several abstract variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: May require franchise specific certification.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. All employees must follow proper safety precautions at all times to avoid injuries.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle, grasp or type; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, bend or twist; taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. All employees must follow proper safety precautions at all times to avoid injuries.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles, temperature extremes from sub zero freezers, ovens, fryers, stoves and grills, and extreme heat from fryers, broilers, ovens and warmers and regularly works with moving mechanical parts such as slicers, dishwashers and sharpeners. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions, mild risk of electrical shock, and blood-borne pathogens and occasionally works with toxic or caustic chemicals and power equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ACCOMODATION: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CRISIS MANAGEMENT: Must be able to handle a crisis in a calm, effective manner. This includes upset guests, fire, tornado, armed robbery and assault, bomb threats and accidents.
To apply for this job please visit www.kinsethjobs.com.