Food and Beverage Manager
Graduate Hotels®, is seeking a Food & Beverage Manager to join Graduate Iowa City and its wonderful team of hospitality enthusiasts.
Graduate Hotels creates authentic, playful spaces that connect a community’s travelers, students, and locals. Through thoughtfully curated design, creative F&B and community-focused events, we create hotels worthy of their hometown.
We are a diverse team of experience makers and storytellers. As a Graduate Hotels team member, you are the local insider shaping guest experiences. Our goal is to make every guest feel like a local even if it’s their first time in town. In order to help you deliver on that goal, we encourage our team members to embody the same mindset as our guests through Graduate experiences and encouraged community exploration.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the front of house operations for the Restaurant/Hotel
- Provides training, direction, supervision, and hands on support for direct associates and supervisors to accomplish goals and objectives of the food and beverage operation
- Ensures the proper preparation of food and beverage to the satisfaction of our guests and brand, and ensures all safety, health and hygiene requirements are consistently met
- Ensures, direct and facilitate communication, engagement and conflict resolutions as needed by the team to ensure a positive associate environment
- Manages inventory
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma/GED, post high school education and degree preferred
- Minimum of two years food and beverage supervisory experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally
- Team player
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to exceed expectations of guests and team members
- Excellent time management skills
- Knowledge of three meal restaurants preferred
- Knowledge of Hotel food and beverage operations and room service preferred.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including PM’s, weekends and holidays
About Graduate Hotels®
Graduate Hotels is a hand-crafted collection of hotels that reside in dynamic university-anchored towns across the country. Each hotel pays homage to the heritage of its unique town through cultural nods to the local community. Launched in 2014, there are currently 28 hotels across the U.S. and an additional seven hotels set to open by the end of 2021. Graduate Hotels is owned by Adventurous Journeys (AJ) Capital Partners, a vertically integrated real estate developer, owner and operator. For more information on Graduate Hotels, please visit www.graduatehotels.com.
*Graduate Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.adp.com.