St. Burch Tavern, located in Downtown Iowa City, is seeking a driven, experienced and passionate hospitality professional to serve as its General Manager. This person will work directly with ownership to provide an exceptional guest experience, while also embracing and teaching the company's Culture, Values, and Vision.
Compensation includes: a competitive market-rate salary, paid vacation and Health Insurance sharing.
Other responsibilities include:
- Oversight of general restaurant activities
- Hiring of Front of House employees
- Private event bookings.
- Training of Front of House
- Planning and facilitating weekly meetings with ownership
- Accountability for results
- Monthly and quarterly reports.
Who we’re looking for:
- 2 + years of management experience in the hospitality industry or equivalent experience in a similar industry.
- Possess great leadership skills. Such as the ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal), inspire and bring the best out in others, set the example of an honest, hard working and empathetic teammate.
- a “hospitality first” mentality
- The ability to achieve goals around the control of food, alcohol and labor costs.
- A self-starter with a can-do entrepreneurial attitude.
- Willingness to work 8-10 hour shifts, nights, weekends and some holidays.
Why you will love working for our group:
- Managing a high-profile restaurant in the heart of the vibrant Iowa City Downtown District.
- Having a professional career in an exciting and rewarding industry
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Working with and for a locally owned hospitality group with a community-first mindset.
- Opportunities for additional compensation and profit sharing based on achieving the restaurants business goals
- Working directly with ownership