Iowa City Area Chamber of Commerce
2019 – Graphic Design Intern
Internship Commitment: 10 hours per week, 12 weeks. Start and end dates are flexible.
Office Hours: To be arranged; Chamber offices are open Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm at 325 E Washington St, Suite 100, Iowa City. The office is located downtown near the University of Iowa. Some remote work is possible.
Reports to: Director of Operations & Customer Service
The Iowa City Area Chamber of Commerce is seeking a student graphic designer to create logos, event invitations, and other print and digital pieces for marketing. The Iowa City Area Chamber of Commerce is a 501(c)6 non-profit membership organization, with the mission of fostering a better business environment in Johnson County.
- Designing logos for signature Chamber events
- Designing invitations (both digital and print) for Chamber events
- Working with Special Events staff and the Vice President of Advocacy & External Affairs to develop necessary print materials, such as posters, event and sponsor signage, documents for members, sponsor menus, materials for the Community Leadership Program, etc. for later in the year
- Providing an analysis of graphics/images on social media channels and working with staff to create more dynamic pieces (example: Facebook cover photos)
- Other design duties as assigned
- Must be a student studying graphic design
- Skill with using InDesign and Adobe Suite
- Positive and professional demeanor
- Must be prompt and dependable, and a good team player
- Must take initiative and be able to start conversations about design needs
- Must have a desire to learn, and to apply learning to job performance
- Detail-oriented, with good time management and communication skills
To be considered for this internship, please provide the following:
1. Work portfolio containing 10 or more design pieces
3 or more professional or academic references.
The intern will be selected based upon the quality of the portfolio and the ability to meet the minimum qualifications. All applications must be submitted by Monday, April 1 by email to: Sara Pinkham, Director of Operations & Customer Service - [email protected]