Guest Services Representative
Website First Hospitality
What’s in it for you…
- Hotel discount at locations worldwide!
- Professional development and promotion opportunities!
About this job…
Guest Service Representatives are often the first in-person contact for hotel guests and support the realized and unrealized needs of guests throughout the hospitality experience. Serving as a brand liaison, Guest Service Representatives are engaging, attentive, service-oriented, and take a creative approach to problem solving. The primary responsibility of a Guest Service Representative is to deliver and exceed guest expectations, execute brand service standards, resolve challenges, and maintain excellent communication with guests, peers, and supervisors.
What you’ll be doing…
- Welcome arriving guests and complete the hotel’s arrival/check-in experience, ensuring special requests are fulfilled and accurate information is received.
- Engage in purposeful communication and build rapport with guests, creating an open dialogue to uncover guest expectations and unrealized needs.
- Effectively engage with guests through phone or electronic communication consistent with hotel brand standards to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Promote hotel brand loyalty programs, encourage guest participation, and offer special rate packages and upgrades when appropriate.
- Effectively communicate with hotel departments to ensure timely and accurate delivery of guest expectations, fulfillment of needs, and challenge resolution.
- Listen to guests and empathize with their challenges. When necessary, solicit guest feedback and act on guests concerns.
- Always maintain professionalism consistent with hotel brand and company expectations.
- Know and communicate hotel emergency procedures; inform and assist guests in emergencies.
- Use hotel communication log and verbal or electronic means to notify fellow associates and/or supervisors of pertinent information.
- If applicable, maintain balance and security of house bank and accurately log all transactions.
Experience & Education:
- 2+ years of customer service experience, preferably in Hospitality or related industry
- High School diploma or equivalency education certificate required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in primary language used in the workplace
- 8+ hours per day at standing desk/computer; stand and walk frequently throughout the workday
- Lift, lower, and maneuver up to 30 pounds occasionally
To apply for this job please visit careers.firsthospitality.com.