Guest Services Supervisor
Graduate Hotels®, is seeking a Guest Service Supervisor to join Graduate Iowa City and its brilliant team of hospitality enthusiasts.
Graduate Hotels creates authentic, spirited spaces that connect travelers, students and locals alike. Through thoughtfully curated design, creative F&B and community-focused events, we create hotels worthy of their communities.
We are a diverse team of experience makers and storytellers. As a Graduate Hotels team member, you are the local insider shaping guest experiences. Our goal is to make every guest feel like a local even if it’s their first time in town. In order to help you deliver on that goal, we encourage our team members to embody the same mindset as our guests through Graduate experiences and encouraged community exploration.
Graduate Hotels is proud to be Great Place to Work-Certified™, proving that our associates feel our commitment to cultivate a culture of inspirational and supportive leadership.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitors daily status of rooms, rates, discount rates and packages
- Maintains current list of available rooms for walk situations
- Coordinates blocking of rooms for groups
- Acts as the “Service Champion” for the Front Office and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations
- Communicates hotel’s unique design elements for effective storytelling
- Reviews guest satisfaction results and property audits to identify areas of improvement
- Drives Front Desk Upsell Program to assist in maximizing hotel revenue
- Solicits employee feedback and utilizes an “open door” policy
- Ensures staff communicates effectively with other hotel departments
- Maintains productive relationship with Valet Parking provider
- Ensures prompt and courteous service to guests
- Pre-registers guests according to standards
- Monitors/maintains employee schedule
- Monitors and ensures VIP arrivals are executed to highest standard
- Keeps track of rooms to ensure accurate status and readiness for check-in
- Interacts positively and professionally with guests to resolve issues
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Front Desk operations experience
- High School Diploma/GED
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of hotel Front Desk operations
- Basic math skills
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to exceed expectations of guests and team members
- Excellent time management skills
About Graduate Hotels®
Graduate Hotels is a hand-crafted collection of hotels that reside in dynamic university-anchored towns across the country. Each hotel pays homage to the heritage of its unique town through cultural nods to the local community. Launched in 2014, there are 35 hotels across the U.S. and U.K. Graduate Hotels is owned by Adventurous Journeys (AJ) Capital Partners, a vertically integrated real estate developer, owner and operator. For more information on Graduate Hotels, please visit www.graduatehotels.com.
*Graduate Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.adp.com.