What we offer:
- Competitive starting wages
- Health, Dental, Vision and other benefits available after 60 days
- Paid Training
- Paid PTO
- Referral program
- Discounts at all Kinseth Hotel Corporation hotels and restaurants
Coordinates front desk activities of hotel and ensures complete satisfaction of all guests, resolves problems arising from guests’ complaints, reservation and room assignment activities, and unusual requests and inquiries by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Hires, trains, schedules, assigns duties and shifts to workers and observes performances to ensure adherence to KHC policies and established KHC & franchise operating procedures for all hotels.
- Communicates and cooperates with other department heads to ensure coordination of activities, resolution of guest complaints and improve hotel customer satisfaction.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to property policies, services, guest complaints, compliments and concerns.
- Develops and maintains guest information files regarding the property, community and surrounding attractions.
- Manages the reservation system including inventory, rates, data base, system security, reservations, advance payments, group reservations, VIP special services, pre-blocking rooms, close out dates, communication of fill dates and system backup.
- Knows, adheres to and trains staff on cash and credit card handling procedures. Files and posts all changes to the guest ledger and city ledger account.
- Sends out letters of confirmation or returns checks when registration cannot be accepted.
- Greets all guests in a warm, friendly, helpful manner, registers and assigns rooms to guests and ensures proper methods of payment and application of credit policies.
- Ensures guest safety by following and enforcing established emergency and security procedures, maintaining key security and guest privacy.
- Patrols public rooms, investigates disturbances, and resolves conflicts.
- Monitors night audit for accuracy, folios, makes assessments on open balances without approved credit and takes appropriate action. Plans and forecasts weekly room sales and prepares month end reports on city ledger and guest trays.
- Required to monitor and maintain front desk coverage at 100% and cover shifts if needed, including audit.
- Train, oversee, and cover Van Driver and Housemen positions when necessary
KHC POLICIES: Responsible for following all KHC policies and procedures as set forth in the KHC handbook KHC Front Desk Procedures Manual, and property specific guidelines/standards. These policies include dress code, safety and performance standards. Employees must also maintain a professional image and report to work as scheduled.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Directly supervises 1-15 employees in the Front Desk. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; monitoring work performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. All employees must follow proper safety precautions at all times to avoid injuries.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to handle, grasp or type; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, bend or twist; smell; and to push, pull or lift over 10 pounds. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.