House Keeping Manager
Graduate Hotels®, is seeking a Housekeeping Manager to join Graduate Iowa City and its wonderful team of hospitality enthusiasts.
Graduate Hotels creates authentic, playful spaces that connect a community’s travelers, students, and locals. Through thoughtfully curated design, creative F&B and community-focused events, we create hotels worthy of their hometown.
We are a diverse team of experience makers and storytellers. As a Graduate Hotels team member, you are the local insider shaping guest experiences. Our goal is to make every guest feel like a local even if it’s their first time in town. In order to help you deliver on that goal, we encourage our team members to embody the same mindset as our guests through Graduate experiences and encouraged community exploration.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Schedules room and cleaning assignments to ensure proper coverage
- Performs all housekeeping duties necessary, including making beds, vacuuming, and cleaning
- Verifies and updates status of discrepant rooms throughout the shift
- Randomly selects assigned rooms to ensure cleanliness. Counsels Housekeepers on discrepancies
- Notifies GM and/or Chief Engineer of maintenance repairs necessary
- Hires, develops and disciplines direct employees
- Perform property walk and report identified deficiencies
- Participates in scheduling employees to business demands and tracking employee time and attendance
- Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs, and financial objectives are met
- Manages Housekeeping inventory, ensuring that team has dedicated resources as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED. Post high school education preferred
- Minimum of 2 years in Housekeeping management position
- Basic math skills
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to exceed expectations of guests and team members
- Excellent time management skills
Graduate Hotels is a hand-crafted collection of hotels that reside in dynamic university-anchored towns across the country. Each hotel pays homage to the heritage of its unique town through cultural nods to the local community. Launched in 2014, there are currently 19 open and operating hotels across the U.S. and an additional 15 hotels under development slated to open by the end of 2020. Graduate Hotels is owned by Adventurous Journeys (AJ) Capital Partners, a Chicago-based vertically integrated real estate developer, owner and operator. For more information on Graduate Hotels, please visit graduatehotels.com.
*Graduate Hotels Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.adp.com.