Position: House Manager
Date Posted: 11/01/2021
Pay Range: Part-Time @ $14/hour
Commitment: Average 20 hours/week for 48 weeks annually
Expected Annual Pay: $13,440
The Englert Theatre is a performing arts organization based in Iowa City, Iowa. Housed in a historic theater (est. 1912) in the heart of downtown, the Englert serves as a key community activator. Our values and programmatic practices center a wide range of voices and perspectives, honor historic preservation, and demand ongoing self-analysis and evolution toward a more inclusive community.
To inspire and activate positive community growth through the arts
You will work closely with the Patron Services Manager and other Englert staff to create a welcoming, safe, and comfortable atmosphere for patrons and artists at the Englert Theatre.
Indirect supervision is exercised over all Front of House Volunteers, Concessions Staff, and Security Staff
Works closely with the Patron Services Manager, House Managers, and all Front of House Staff
Patron Services Manager
Core Job Duties
- Participates in Front of House hiring process alongside Patron Services Manager
- Organizes and leads training for all Front of House Staff
- Provides feedback for annual reviews for Front of House Staff
- Direct supervision of Front of House Staff when Patron Services Manager is not present
- Clearly and diplomatically communicates with other departments (event-based)
- Makes recommendations to management to improve processes as identified during daily routine
- Weekly Laundry tasks: Run loads, fold tablecloths and towels, and put away. Check on lint trap and dump dehumidifier water as often as possible
- Weekly Staff Kitchen Upkeep: Clean, wipe down counters, wipe out microwave, tidy up
- Dishes duty: When the dishwasher is full run a cycle, when clean, put things away
- Dusting: Dust or delegate dusting in the house, gallery, & lobbies to the Concessions team
- Weekly bars check-in: Tidy, wipe down the insides of fridge & coolers, make sure we are compliant with health & building codes
- Weekly box office tidy: find left-out items from shows and put them away, keep the space clear of clutter and paperwork
- House check-in: Consolidate Stages boxes, baskets can live behind chairs instead of on the ledge, over extra things with cloths, pick up any leftover lost and found items from the ledges at the back of the house
- Oversee all Front of House activities before, during, and after a performance or event including updating and maintaining event performance reports
- Interact with Box Office staff for audience needs or issues of audience traffic
- Assist the Patron Services Manager in setting up and cleaning up hospitality for artists
- Oversee that the sidewalk area, lobby, gallery area, theatre, and restrooms are clean and safe for patrons
- During multiple show days when janitorial is not called in between performances, oversee and carry out any light cleaning or supply replenishing)
- Computer Literacy
- Outstanding experience and skills with customer service
- Experience with money handling and creating deposits
- Must be 18 or over
- Knowledge of the performing arts industry
- Experience working with project management software
- Certification in First Aid and CPR
The Performing Arts Industry
Our schedule follows the touring industry. You can expect the bulk of your hours to come during touring seasons; October – December, and February – May. This position is subject to non-traditional work hours. Some hours are scheduled “as needed” based on the show/event schedule. Shifts can be up to 12 hours in length.
A Note Regarding Experience
If this posting looks like your dream job and you don’t have experience in this exact line of work, but you do have an outstanding record of performance with the skills listed in adjacent or applicable fields, we welcome your submission.
Application Materials Required
Ready to apply? Gather the necessary resources and click the link below to apply.
- Cover Letter
- Current Resumé with 3 References
To apply for this job please visit englert.org.