Graduate Hotels® is seeking a Maintenance Technician to join Graduate Iowa City brilliant team of hospitality enthusiasts.
Graduate Hotels creates authentic, spirited spaces that connect travelers, students and locals alike. Through thoughtfully curated design, creative F&B and community-focused events, we create hotels worthy of their communities.
We are a diverse team of experience makers and storytellers. As a Graduate Hotels team member, you are the local insider shaping guest experiences. Our goal is to make every guest feel like a local even if it’s their first time in town. In order to help you deliver on that goal, we encourage our team members to embody the same mindset as our guests through Graduate experiences and encouraged community exploration.
Graduate Hotels is proud to be Great Place to Work-Certified™, proving that our associates feel our commitment to cultivate a culture of inspirational and supportive leadership.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs general maintenance in guest units, buildings, pools, and common areas
- Will have a working knowledge of the use of hand tools and power tools, as well as for repairing and troubleshooting carpentry, plumbing, electric, and HVAC issues
- Repairs and installs appliances as needed with minimal supervision
- Performs maintenance to plumbing such as pipes, drains, faucets, disposals, showers, tubs, etc.
- Prevents and troubleshoots electrical issues on equipment, fixtures, outlets and switches
- Inspects and performs preventative maintenance in units and public areas
- Reports, responds to, and repairs safety issues in guest units, buildings, pools, common areas, and equipment
- Completes all daily assignments in a timely manner
- Prioritizes work orders against daily assignments, keeping in constant contact with the department and/or the front desk to update jobs completed
- Maintains the appearance of the property by picking trash and debris, responding and mopping up spills, cleaning exterior fixtures, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of High School education, post-high school education preferred
- Minimum of 3 years in Maintenance position, preferably within hotels
- Preferred but not necessary: Two (2) years of college or trade school equivalent in a mechanical, electrical, and/or technical disciplines
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Basic math skills
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to exceed expectations of guests and team members
- Excellent time management skills
- Detail oriented; strives for excellence in all assignments
About Graduate Hotels®
Graduate Hotels is a hand-crafted collection of hotels that reside in dynamic university-anchored towns across the country. Each hotel pays homage to the heritage of its unique town through cultural nods to the local community. Launched in 2014, there are 35 hotels across the U.S. and U.K. Graduate Hotels is owned by Adventurous Journeys (AJ) Capital Partners, a vertically integrated real estate developer, owner and operator. For more information on Graduate Hotels, please visit www.graduatehotels.com.
*Graduate Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.adp.com.