Position: Membership Coordinator
Date Posted: 08/25/2022
Pay Range: Full-time, exempt
Expected Annual Pay:$36,000
The Englert Theatre is a performing arts organization based in Iowa City, Iowa. Housed in a historic theater (est. 1912) in the heart of downtown, the Englert serves as a key community activator. Our values and programmatic practices center a wide range of voices and perspectives, honor historic preservation, and demand ongoing self-analysis and evolution toward a more inclusive community.
To inspire and activate positive community growth through the arts
The Membership Coordinator is an entry-level team member and the coordinator of day-to-day development tasks for The Englert Theatre’s membership program. The Membership Coordinator works closely with the Development Director, Operations Director, Box Office Staff, and Development Volunteers and Interns to provide excellent customer service to Friends of the Englert With a focus on equanimity and professionalism you will serve as a key member of our Development team, organizing development data, membership activities and benefits, and relationships for Friends of the Englert. You will oversee the customer service process to ensure members are satisfied, and also update the information for current members as well as prospective members for the Englert’s Fellowship for the Future.
Works closely with the Development Director, Operations Director, Box Office Staff, and Development Volunteers and Interns to provide excellent customer service to Friends of the Englert.
Core Job Duties
Institute a “member-first philosophy”, using the following tactics to build, maintain and grow the “Friends of the Englert” membership program
- Retention – engaging existing and recently lapsed donors so that they continue to give to the organization each year
- Up-selling current donors to higher giving levels
- Increased awareness of the Friends Program through coordinated marketing efforts
- Conversion of current patrons to the membership program
- Emphasizing tangible benefits and ensuring members receive benefits
- Donor acquisition: a commitment to prospect development via marketing and networking
- Serves as a positive public advocate for the Englert’s mission, vision, values, programs and services
- Serves as key contact for Friends of the Englert membership program, providing exemplary customer service for donors, patrons, interns, volunteers, and community members
- Participates in hiring Development Interns and requesting volunteer support
- Organizes and leads trainings for Englert Box office employees, Development Interns and Volunteers
- Organizes mailing projects for Englert box office employees: thank you notes, Friends booklets, invitations, etc.
- Schedules Development Interns and Volunteers
- Helps to plan development events
- Assists with the creation and finalization of guest lists and invite correspondence
- Works some Englert events and most development events as representative of the Englert Development Office
- Data Entry
- Management of donor benefits
- Pre-Show Curtain Talks
- Works with Marketing to create donor management emails and fundraising appeals
- Extremely detail-oriented and able to efficiently manage large amounts of information
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with a high degree of comfort dealing with the public
- Exemplary project management
- Experience in data management, Raiser’s Edge a plus
- Google Workspace (Gmail, Drive, Google Docs, Google Forms)
The Performing Arts Industry
The Englert is part of the performing arts industry and the schedules of most Englert employees can expect the bulk of their hours to come during touring seasons (October – December and February – May), however, this position is mostly subject to traditional work hours, in order to be available to the public. Some hours are scheduled “as needed” based on the show/event schedule.
A Note Regarding Experience
Excited about this job, but don’t meet all of the requirement? Studies have shown that members of marginalized communities are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every listed qualification. At The Englert, we want to build a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate to join the Englert family.
Application Materials Required
Ready to apply? Gather the necessary resources and click the link below to apply.
- Cover Letter
- Current Resumé with 3 References
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.