Private Client Services Tax Associate – Fall 2023
Website RSM US LLP
PRIVATE CLIENT SERVICES ASSOCIATE
At RSM, associates work with large and small companies in various industries. They develop strong working relationships with clients built on understanding their businesses and challenges. Associates work on multiple team engagements each year, including several pieces of any particular assignment – not just one part. Working in a mutually respectful team environment helps our associates perform at their best and integrate their career with their personal life.
Examples of the candidate’s responsibilities include:
- Working with high net worth families, closely held businesses, estates, trusts and private foundations
- Developing strong working relationships with clients built on understanding their needs and challenges
- Completing tax planning and research
- Preparing federal and state & local tax returns
- Developing a general understating of reporting requirements of different entity structures and the compliance process
- Increasing involvement in developing cutting edge tax ideas that could significantly lessen clients overall effective tax rates
- Leveraging tax knowledge and understanding of the tax preparation process to bring work to completion for review
- Demonstrating awareness of differing levels of assurance as it relates to tax positions taken through writing memoranda and other written documentation on complex tax issues for business and private tax clients
- Staying current on tax legislation relevant to Private Client Service clients
- Minimum B.A. or B.S. degree or equivalent from an accredited university
- Accounting major
- Travel to assigned client locations may be required. Must have access to and ability to arrange for use of reliable modes of transportation to those locations
- Minimum 3.0 GPA preferred
- Meeting education requirement for CPA certification in the state where you are applying for employment
- Working toward the successful completion of the CPA exam – tax associates have the opportunity to obtain the audit hours required for full certification
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work effectively on a team
- Ability to work and multitask in a fast-paced environment
Currently, RSM does not intend to hire candidates for entry level positions who will need, now or in the future, RSM sponsorship through any non-immigrant visa category such as the H-1B, H-1B1, E-3, O-1, or TN.
RSM is committed to providing equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application, interview, or otherwise participate in the recruiting process, please call us at 800-274-3978 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The firm offers a competitive benefits package, base compensation, and an employee bonus program for eligible roles based on individual and firm performance per program guidelines. Base compensation ranges can be found between the ranges noted below in the posting, and an actual offer can vary based upon on role, hiring location, and qualifications. For additional information on RSM’s total rewards, visit our website at https://rsmus.com/careers/working-at-rsm/benefits.html.
If required by applicable law or client policy, you may be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or have an approved accommodation.
You want your next step to be the right one. You’ve worked hard to get where you are today. And now you’re ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you’ll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Job ID: req27170
Line of Business: Tax Services
SubFunction: Business Owners
Job Type: FullTime
Req #: req27170
Location: Iowa City, IA US
Region: Central Region
Job Category: Tax
Employment Type: Campus Associate
Degree Required: Bachelor
Salary Range: Starting at $62000
To apply for this job please visit jobs.rsmus.com.