Saturday, September 30th
The Northside Oktoberfest benefiting Iowa City area nonprofits showcases the Bohemian nature of the Northside Marketplace with great craft beers, neighborhood food, beer games and much more! Join us on Saturday, September 30th, as we take over the streets of the Northside, just blocks north of downtown Iowa City. This is an open festival, ANYONE can come in and enjoy the atmosphere, food vendors, activities etc. ONLY those with tickets will be allowed the tasting glass that will allow them to sample beers, ciders and wines from over 70 booths.
Brewmaster Tickets (SOLD OUT):
- Entrance is located at the alley on Linn St. by R.S.V.P. and Devotay and you will be handed your glassware
- 11:00am-3:00pm tasting time
- $5.00 food vendor credit with wooden nickel
- Special access to certain beers
- Participate and vote in Real Ale Contest
General Admission Tickets:
- $45.00 tickets still on sale and can be purchased online or at entrance booth
- Entrance booth is located on Market St. and Gilbert St. between Bluebird Diner and Artifacts
- Glassware pick-up will be in the Central State Bank Parking lot at Market St. and Linn St.
- 12:00pm-3:00pm tasting time
- Keg Bowling
- Beer Slide
- Brat Eating Contest
- Lederhosen Outfit Competition with $200.00 Iowa City Downtown Gift Card prize
Schedule of Events:
- 11:00am – Oktoberfest Begins
- 11:00am – Brewfest ticket holders can get glassware and begin sampling
- 11:00am – Blessing of Oktoberfest by Reverend Mark
- 12:00pm – General Admission ticket holders can get glassware at CSB Bank and begin sampling
- 12:00pm – Die Tiefen Keller Kinder performance in beirgarden
- 12:00pm – James and the Little Monsters performance outside High Ground
- 1:00pm – Flash in a Pan performance outside High Ground
- 2:00pm – Brat Eating Contest in Lawyer Lot
- 2:00pm – Announcement of Real Ale Winners
- 3:00pm – Oktoberfest ends
- All Northside businesses and restaurants will still be open. Restaurants may have booths outside their location, but anyone is allowed to go into their restaurant and eat.
- Broken glass? Bring your broken glass to the General Admission booth and get another for $5.00
The Northside Oktoberfest is sponsored by US Foods, John’s Grocery, Little Village Magazine, Panchero’s Mexican Grill
*Please note: This is a rain or shine event. No matter the weather the beer still gets poured! (There will be no ticket refunds.)
Tickets are NOW on sale!
BrewMaster tickets : SOLD OUT
General Admission tickets include: 12pm-3pm tasting time (full access to all samples available)
Northside Oktoberfest will feature over 50 breweries, wine and ciders. See our entire festival program
10am-3pm in the Pagaliai’s Pizza Parking Lot.
Take part in the football toss or basketball shootout, climb the rock wall, take a few rides down the big double lane blowup slide or dance with all the great performers! The Iowa Children’s Museum will also be there facilitating many different fall craft activities. SodaFest is open to all ages. $5.00 ticket includes specialty acrylic tasting soda glass and soda drink tickets.
Supported by: Iowa Children’s Museum, Pagliai’s Pizza, Little Village Magazine, John’s Grocery
SodaFest will be located in Pagliai's Pizza parking lot and on N Linn St.
Northside Oktoberfest FAQ
Do I have to be 21+ to attend Northside Oktoberfest?
No, this is an all ages event. However, you must be 21+ with a valid ID and a General Admission or BrewMaster ticket to consume alcohol at the event.
Where do I park?
We have never, not ONCE ran out of parking in Iowa City! There are thousands of parking spots at our 5 major parking ramps, we suggest the Tower Place ramp, just a block away and it’s only $1/hr and your first hour is FREE!!
I plan on drinking a lot and shouldn’t drive home. Who can give me a ride home?
There are plenty of taxi companies, as well as Uber, in Iowa City that can safely get you where you need to be. Northside Oktoberfest does not support, condone, or encourage drunk driving at all. Please make a responsible and smart decision and take a taxi or Uber home or arrange a ride from a sober friend if you are impaired.
Do I need to buy a ticket to drink at Northside Oktoberfest?
Yes, you must purchase a General Admission or BrewMaster ticket. We have an open festival design, allowing those who choose not to drink to participate in non-drinking festival activities without a ticket.
Why is there a line at the entrance of the festival?
Many beer enthusiasts line up well in advance for the festival, and there will most likely be a line at the entrance to Northside Oktoberfest. An ID check of all who enter is required. The line will move quickly if you have your ID out to make the age verification process run smoothly.
What else can I do besides drink?
If beer isn’t your thing, there is still plenty to do at the Northside Oktoberfest. We’ll have SodaFest featuring a variety of craft sodas, food vendors, and a rock climbing wall for the kids. Other activities include hammerschlagen, keg bowling, and beer slide!
Can I bring my family?
Yes, this is a family event. We have a children’s area equipped with a children-sized rock wall and SodaFest for those who aren’t of age or do not want to drink. They do not need to purchase a ticket if they are not drinking.
Can I bring my dog?
Sure, but it has to be on a leash and we have to check its ID if they want to drink. Just kidding, you shouldn’t give your dog beer but Fido is still welcome at Northside Oktoberfest as long as he is leashed.
Are there Designated Driver tickets available?
No. Since the festival is an open festival, you don’t need a special Designated Driver ticket to enjoy alcohol-free fun.