- This button will go live at 10:00am sharp. Set your alarms to reserve your seat. Tickets are expected to sell out quickly.
- When ordering tickets, select pick-up or local delivery. There is no physical ticket for this event. We will have the ticket buyer’s name at will-call to check in.
- Tickets are the same as last year with individual tickets for general admission seating and a limited number of six-top tables available for reservation. Each ticket is $131 after taxes and fees.
- We will not be able to add additional seats to six-top reservations due to the event seating and table arrangements. A table of six can accommodate 6 guests and individual tickets wanting to sit together can arrive as a group to be seated together.
- Special dietary menus can accommodate vegetarian and gluten-free requests. Please note the request in the comment/note section when placing your order. ICDD will send a confirmation email after sales where attendees can note request vegetarian or gluten-free menus.
- Tickets are non-refundable after purchase.
Farm to Street Dinner
August 17, 2023, 5:00 - 8:00pm
The City of Iowa City, in partnership with the Iowa City Downtown District and Johnson County, will hold the 7th Annual Farm to Street Dinner sponsored by GreenState Credit Union on North Linn Street in Iowa City’s Northside Neighborhood on Thursday, August 17th from 5:00 – 8:00pm. The event includes a multi-course meal prepared by Iowa City Downtown District chefs with food sourced from local producers. The goal of the Farm to Street Dinner is to bring together members of Iowa City’s diverse, vibrant community to share a table, a story, and a meal, while supporting local food systems.
In 2016, the first Farm to Street Dinner was held after a partnership between the three organizations was formed to increase awareness of local food being used in local restaurants and as a way to generate funds for a chosen non-profit that is working with local food in Johnson County. Each year, the revenue from the Farm to Street Dinner is awarded to an area organization that is working to enhance our local food system. Applications are selected based on certain criteria by a committee of volunteers who organize the event. This application is open to all Iowa City/Johnson County organizations that meet the criteria. Those interested will be able to apply this spring. The application will be linked here once available.
This event aims to bring together eaters throughout our diverse and vibrant community to share a table, a story, and a meal. This incredible six-course meal will be prepared by some of Iowa City’s best chefs utilizing local ingredients. Each selected chef will work closely with local producers to prepare one course of the six-course meal. Along with food, one glass of wine is included in the ticket purchase for all guests age 21+ with valid ID. Additionally, all guests aged 21+ are welcome to bring a bottle of wine to enjoy with their meal. “Wine Doggy Bags” will be provided, allowing guests to take unfinished bottles of wine home with them.
2023 Farm to Street Dinner Information:
- For 2023, individual tickets will be available for general admission seating and a limited number of six-top tables available for reservation *Please note, we will not be able to add additional seats to the tables of six due to our seating and table arrangement.
- Along with food, one glass of wine is included in the ticket purchase for all guests age 21+ with valid ID. Additionally, all guests age 21+ are welcome to bring a bottle of wine to enjoy with your meal. “Wine Doggy Bags” will be provided, allowing guests to take unfinished bottles of wine home with them.
- Special dietary menus can accommodate Vegetarian and Gluten-Free requests. Please note the request in the comment/note section when placing your order. ICDD will send out a confirmation email after sales where attendees can note request vegetarian or gluten-free menus.
- Representatives from last year’s beneficiary group will join us at the dinner to share how the event proceeds were used to benefit local food initiatives throughout the past year. This year’s beneficiary will be announced later this summer.
- This year’s restaurants, local food producers, and menu will be announced later this summer.
A big THANK YOU to 2023’s Farm to Street Dinner Sponsors: