UPDATE – Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, the 2020 Summer Gallery Walk has been canceled. Given the circumstances and the recommendations from Pubic Health, Government Officials, and the ICDD Board of Directors with in-person events, we want to ensure everyone is safe and that we are taking the right steps during this time. The next Gallery Walk is still set for the Fall on Friday, October 9th.
Friday, October 9, 2020: 5:00-8:00 pm
Join us for one of the best downtown traditions; Iowa City Gallery Walk.
Enjoy the three Downtown Gallery Walks of 2020! This free event is open to everyone to take a self-guided tour of different shops, galleries and other locations that have curated feature artists and pieces of art.
Visit 7 venues during the Gallery Walk for a chance to win a $50 gift card to AKAR! In order to qualify, participants will have their Gallery Walk postcard or map stamped, at each location visited. Simply present the mailer card for a “punch” at Gallery Walk locations. Completed cards may be dropped off at any participating venue.
A list of the participating shops, artists, and the descriptions of the shows are available below!
2020 Spring Gallery Walk:
- AKAR – Group Show: Featuring a collection of thier newest functional ceramic works
- The Makers Loft – Ryan Bentzinger
- Iowa Artisans Gallery – Kate and Jere Huffman: “Clay Becomes You” What Cheers Potters
- Luxe Interiors – Trish Whidby: Retrospective Collection in Raku & Ulpi Gonzalez: Photography
- Textiles – Kay Irelan: “The Promise of the Spring”
- M.C. Ginsberg – Deborah Zeitler: Woven Works
- Glassando – Jessica Schulz: Paintings from Jezza Rose Studios
- Public Space One – A group show, curated by Jamillah Hinson: “Time Now for Ghosts”
- r.s.v.p – University of Iowa Center for the Book: Calligraphy, Bookbinding, Papermaking, Letterpress Printing
- Willow and Stock – Southeast Junior High young artists
- Iowa City Senior Center- Old Post Office Gallery – Truc Deegan and Diana Sproles
- US Bank – Ash Bekah: “Familiar Portraits”
- United Action for Youth– Keith Swanson: “Starrylambarts”
- Blick Art Materials– Jan Duschen and Mark Vollenweider: “Listen to the Birds”
- MidWestOne Bank– Kids Art: Featuring local childrens’ art pieces
- University of Iowa Libraries – Main Library Gallery – Kim Marra, PhD and Mark Anderson: “The Pull of Horses on National and Local Histories and Identities”
- White Rabbit – Group Show: Systems Unlimited artists Isaac Wolf, Johnny Gates, and Sam Wiley